How we collect information about youThis policy sets out our privacy practices and explains how we handle the information we collect when you visit and use our sites, serviWhen you use Look Lateral Services, we collect information sent to us through your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information may include your IP address, device information including, but not limited to, identifier, device name and type, operating system, location, mobile network information, and standard web log information, such as your browser type, traffic to and from our site, and the pages you accessed on our website. Look Lateral does not intentionally collect information from or about any individual who is under 13 years old. If you create an account or use Look Lateral Services, we, or our affiliates vendors acting on our behalf may collect the following types of information:
- Contact information – your name, address, phone, email, Skype ID, and other similar information;
- Financial information – the full bank account and routing numbers and/or credit card numbers that you link to your Look Lateral Account or input when you use paid Look Lateral Services.
- Recognize you as a Look Lateral customer;
- Customize Look Lateral Services, content, and advertising;
- Measure promotional effectiveness;
- Collect information about your computer or other access device to mitigate risk, help prevent fraud, and promote trust and safety.
How we use the personal information we collectOur primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We may use your personal information to:
- Provide Look Lateral Services and customer support you request;
- Process transactions and send notices about your transactions;
- Resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Prevent and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and/or violations of our posted user terms;
- Customize, measure, and improve Look Lateral Services and the content and layout of our website and applications;
- Deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences; and
- Verify your identity by comparing your personal information against third-party databases.
MarketingWe will never sell or rent your personal information to third parties.
How we share personal information with other partiesWe may share your personal information with:
- Third party identity verification services in order to prevent fraud. This allows Look Lateral to confirm your identity by comparing the information you provide us to public records and other third-party databases. These service providers may create derivative data based on your personal information that can be used solely in connection with provision of identity verification and fraud prevention services;
- Service providers under contract who help with parts of our business operations such as bill collection, marketing, and technology services. Our contracts require these service providers to only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us, and prohibit them from selling your information to anyone else;
- Financial institutions with which we partner;
- Companies or other entities that purchase Look Lateral assets pursuant to a court-approved sale under U.S. Bankruptcy law;
- Law enforcement, and officials, or other third parties when:
- We are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure; or
- We believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity or to investigate violations of our User Agreement; and
- Other third parties with your consent or direction to do so.
How you can contact us about privacy questionsIf you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, or if you have a complaint, you should email us at email@example.com